COVA Annual Holiday Service Project
Please join us for our December Service Project on Tuesday December 11th, 9am - 12pm at The Salvation Army Christmas Warehouse (located at 1070 White Street Atlanta GA 30310). As volunteers, we will inventory, sort and pack Christmas donations for all of our registered Angels. This year The Salvation Army will be serving approximately 12,000 children and seniors, providing gift wishes and needs for those who would go without during the holiday season. Please join us for this fun rewarding event!
Sign up to reserve your spot!
Please find all the logistics and details listed below to ensure a great volunteer event for you!
Salvation Army Warehouse, 1070 White St., Atlanta GA 30310
From points North:
Take 75/85 to I-20 West
Exit 54 – Langhorn/Cascade
Take a left off exit.
Travel about ¼ and you will get to Ralph David Abernathy.
Once you cross Ralph David Abernathy (Langhorn becomes White St), you will go about ½ mile and we are on the right, just past a road overpass.
As soon as you get near the overpass, slow down as we are the first drive way on your right after you go under the overpass.
From points West (Douglasville, Lithia Springs):
Take I-20 East
Exit 55A – Lowery Blvd / West End
Take a left at the exit onto Oak Street.
Take an immediate right onto Joseph E Lowery Blvd, heading south.
Cross over Ralph Abernathy and continue until Lowery dead ends at White Street.
Turn right onto White Street.
The Salvation Army Warehouse will be on your left hand side, right before the overpass.
- There is parking but the lot can get very tight with everyone there! Please try to carpool if possible!
What to Bring, Tips and Hints for a Great Day
- Wear comfortable clothes (jeans, t-shirt) and closed-toe, comfortable shoes. You will be moving and lifting donations on a concrete floor and it can get dusty and tiring! (But well worth the experience.) J
- Please wear layers as the warehouse fluctuates with the weather and does not have powerful heaters or fans in the industrial space. You will be moving and carrying items throughout the shift.
- Please do not leave personal belongings in your car; we will provide lockers for you to store your items. If there is anything in your car, make sure that it is covered and hidden. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items left in your vehicle.
- Please try to arrive on time, we will do a brief group volunteer orientation at the start of the shift and it helps to have all the volunteers together at one time to explain our process.
- We will have drinks, coffee, tea and light refreshments for you.
- Be ready to have fun!!
When you arrive, please proceed to the warehouse space closest to the overpass. The entrance door is on the right-hand side.
We look forward to seeing you there!