Join us for a celebration of our 2020-2021 COVA Year at our virtual Annual COVA Meeting. We will talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of volunteer management. We will swear in our new Board and take suggestions for the next year of events. Let's maximize your membership, so be sure to register and send us ideas!
Click to view the COVA Ballot for new board positions for 2021-2022.
We are so fortunate to have Dar'shun Kendrick as a guest speaker.
Dar’shun was born and raised in Decatur as the oldest of three children and the only girl. Her parents, Ricky Sr. and Daisy, were both entrepreneurs. She runs a small corporate securities law firm that is 100% virtual. She is also a 6 term member of the Georgia House of Representatives. She has four degrees, two licenses and two certifications because her mom taught her to be a lifelong learner. Dar’shun is single and lives with her older brother and her pitbull mix Dezzy. She is extremely introverted, although no one believes her. She has been displaced from her home twice, almost died twice and still has self-esteem issues. She is passionate about her family, building black wealth and economic equality. And in her spare time she likes to cook, watch house improvement shows, and is always reading something.
Dar’shun will share more about her story, her journey, her book and her words of motivation. She is an inspiration and can remind us how to move forward! She will share how she manages her business, represents Georgia and is a published author.
She will also cover some topics from her book including:
- Best advice to share with managers needing motivation right now
- 99 1/2% won't do; discover your passion and downsize the rest (p 7)
- Everyday is a new opportunity; new opportunity to become our best self (p 11); today is a great day to __ (Print. Hang. Recite. Do) (p 13)
- It's ok to be picky about your network; "I am in control of my circle of influence. I choose those on the same track as my own and I make no apologies about it."
- No leadership without service; communicating a vision for the people you serve and persuading volunteers to follow you to accomplish the vision (p 157)
Click here for a full bio of Dar'shun Kendrick.